When designing the 3D Design Studio we wanted it to be an experience where people came to experience 3D printing and not simply get a 3D printed item. We tried to strike a balance between a completely open studio and a “3D print farm,” erring on the side of open studio. With this in mind, here is what you need to do to get something printed at 3D Design Studio.
- Come to the studio in person with your file on either a USB drive or other portable media. Please bring the file in one of the following formats:
- The student worker in the lab with open your design in Cura and inspect it to help ensure that your design prints successfully.
- Once the student worker and user are satisfied that the design is ready for printing the student worker will upload the design to our system.
- At this time we will gather the user’s email address to be used for notification when the print is complete.
- Once the print is complete, the user will receive an email letting them know they can come pick their print up.