When designing the 3D Design Studio we wanted it to be a place where people came to experience 3D printing and not simply get a 3D printed item. We tried to strike a balance between a completely open studio and a “3D print farm,” erring on the side of open studio. With this in mind, here is what you need to do to get something printed at 3D Design Studio.
- Come to the studio in person with your file on either a USB drive or other portable media. Please bring the file in one of the following formats:
- The student worker in the lab with open your design and inspect it to help ensure that your design prints successfully.
- Once you and the student worker are satisfied that the design is ready for printing the student worker will upload the design to our system.
- At this time we will gather your email address to be used for notification when your print is complete.
- Once the print is complete, you will receive an email letting you know you can come pick your print up.
If you have questions about using the 3D Design Studio please don’t hesitate to ask. Come by in person or send us an email.